KANE provides cross docking services to help CPG companies reduce warehouse costs, shorten delivery lead times, and increase order fill rates. By breaking down received items at the loading dock and matching them with pending orders, cross docking eliminates the storage and labor costs of a traditional warehousing model.
Example of KANE cross docking services
- For a national club store chain, KANE receives truckload and container freight shipments from multiple suppliers. We combine products and build specific pallets that can be placed on the retail floor upon receipt. KANE manages store deliveries. Nothing is stored overnight at the cross-dock facility.
Why KANE for cross docking services?
- Systems provide visibility to both factory production and inbound freight. Receipts, transfers, shipments, and changes in status are tracked in a real-time paperless environment.
- Distribution centers have numerous dock doors and the capacity to handle volume surges to support weekend and holiday promotions.
- Rail-to-truck cross-dock capability. Many KANE DCs have rail siding.
- Ability to implement cross docking services for smaller retailers. Vendors ship to KANE depots, where we accumulate product until it can be shipped as a full truckload.
Need cross docking services in the Northeast or across the U.S.?
Contact us to discuss how a cross-dock strategy could significantly reduce your warehouse and labor costs while still meeting retailer fill rate requirements.